# Environment Setup
Ways of building programming environment are different for different programming languages.
# Python Environment
# Environment Requirement
- Operating system requirements:
- 64-bit operating system of Windows 7/10
- Mac 10.11 and above
- CentOS 7 and above
- Ubuntu 16.04 and above
- Python version requirements:
- Python 3.6 or above
# Environment Building
# 1. Install Python
To avoid running failures due to environmental problems, we recommend Python version 3.8.
Download page: Download Python (opens new window)
Two methods are provided to switch to a Python 3.8 environment:
Add the installation path of Python 3.8 to the environment variable path.
If you are using PyCharm, you can switch the Project Interpreter to specified Python environment in Settings.
After the installation, execute the following command to see if the installation is successful:
python -V (Windows) or
python3 -V (Linux/Mac)
# 2. Install PyCharm (Optional)
We recommend that using PyCharm (opens new window) as your Python IDE.
# 3. Install TA-Lib (Optional)
TA-Lib is a functional library widely used in program trading for technical analysis of market data. It provides a variety of technical analysis functions to facilitate our quantitative investment.
Installation method: directly use pip installation in cmd
$ pip install TA-Lib
- Installation of TA-Lib is not necessary, you can skip this step
- If you find that you cannot install via pip, please visit https://mrjbq7.github.io/ta-lib/install.html (opens new window) to solve it.
- For Windows users, if the compilation is difficult, you can download the specified whl package according to your local Python version, and then use
$ pip install TA_Lib-0.4.9-cp27-none-win_amd64.whlto complete the installation.