# Authorities and Limitations
# Login Limitations
# Opening Accounts
You need to finish opening your trading accounts on moomoo APP, before logging in to OpenAPI.
# Compliance Confirmation
After the first login, you need to complete API Questionnaire and Agreements before you can continue to use OpenAPI. Click here for moomoo users.
# Quotation Data
There are several limitations for market quotation data as follow:
- Quote Right -- The authority to obtain the relevant market data.
- Interface Frequency Limitations -- Frequency limits of calling interfaces.
- Subscription Quota -- Number of real-time quotes subscribed at the same time.
- Historical Candlestick Quota -- The total number of subjects pulling the historical candlestick per 30 days.
# Quote Right
You need the corresponding permission to obtain data of each market through OpenAPI. The permission of OpenAPI is not exactly the same as that of APP. Different levels correspond to different time delay, order book levels, and the permission to use the interface.
You need to buy a quotation card before you can obtain the quotation of some varieties, the specific way to obtain is shown in the table below.
|Quote Right Acquisition Method
|Securities (including stocks, ETFs, warrants, CBBCs, Inline Warrants)
|* Chinese mainland customers: LV2 market quotes for free. Purchase HK Stocks Advanced Full Market Quotes for SF market quotes
* Non-Chinese mainland customers: BMP market quotes for free. Purchase HK stocks LV2 advanced market for LV2 market quotes. Purchase HK Stocks Advanced Full Market Quotes for SF market quotes
|* Chinese mainland customers: LV2 market quotes for free during promotion period.
* Non-Chinese mainland customers: BMP market quotes for free. Purchase HK stock options futures LV2 advanced market for LV2 market data
|Securities (Covers NYSE, NYSE-American and Nasdaq listed equities, ETFs)
|* Purchase Nasdaq Basic for LV1 market quotes (basic quotes).
* Non-professional users purchase Nasdaq Basic+TotalView (Non-Pro) for LV2 market quotes; professional users purchase Nasdaq Basic+TotalView (Pro) for LV2 quotes.
|* Customers who meet the threshold
* Customers who do not meet the threshold
|* For clients who have a futures account.
For CME Group quotes
For CME quotes, please access the CME Futures LV2
For CBOT quotes, please access the CBOT Futures LV2
For NYMEX quotes, please access the NYMEX Futures LV2
For NYMEX quotes, please access the COMEX Futures LV2
* For clients who do not have a futures account: Unsupported.
|Securities (including stocks, ETFs)
|* Chinese mainland customers: LV1 market data for free.
* Non-Chinese mainland customers/institutional customers: Unsupported.
In the above table, the Chinese mainland customers and the Non-Chinese mainland customers are distinguished by the login IP address of moomoo OpenD.
# Interface Frequency Limitations
In order to protect the server from malicious attacks, there are frequency limitations for all interfaces that need to send requests to moomoo servers. The frequency limitation rules for each API are different. For more information, please see Interface Limitations at the bottom of each API page.
The limitation rule of Get Market Snapshot is: A maximum of 60 requests every 30 seconds. You can request a uniform request every 0.5 seconds. You can also quickly request 60 times, rest for 30 seconds, and then request the next round. If the frequency limitation is exceeded, an error will be returned by the interface.
# Subscription Quota & Historical Candlestick Quota
The limitation rules of subscription quota and historical candlestick quota as follows:
|Historical Candlestick Quota
|Finished Opening trading accounts.
|Total asset > 10,000 HKD.
| Satisfy 1 of the items following:
1. Total asset > 500,000 HKD;
2. The number of monthly filled orders > 200;
3. Monthly trading volume > 2 million HKD.
| Satisfy 1 of the items following:
1. Total asset > 5 million HKD;
2. The number of monthly filled orders > 2000;
3. Monthly trading volume > 20 million HKD.
1. Total asset
Total asset, refers to all your assets in moomoo, including HK securities accounts, US securities accounts, SG securities accounts, A-shares securities accounts, Futures accounts etc., converted into HKD according to the spot exchange rate.
2. The monthly number of filled orders
It is calculated by taking the larger value of the number of filled orders the last natural month and that of the current natural month, that is:
max (the number of filled orders of the last natural month, the number of filled orders of the current natural month)
3. Monthly Trading volume
It is calculated by taking the larger value of the total trading volume of your last natural month and that of the current natural month, which is converted into HKD according to the spot exchange rate, that is:
max (the total trading volume of the last natural month, the total trading volume of the current natural month)
The calculation of futures trading value needs to be multiplied by the adjustment factor (0.1 by default). The formula for calculating futures trading volume is as follows:
Futures trading value = ∑ (volume of a single transaction * trading price * contract multiplier * exchange rate * adjustment factor)
4. Subscription Quota
It is applicable to the real-time data interface that can only be obtained after a subscription. One type of subscription for each stock takes up 1 subscription quota, and canceling the subscription will release the occupied quota.
Suppose your Subscription Quota is 100. When you subscribe to real-time order book for HK.00700, real-time ticker for US.AAPL, and real-time quotation for SH.600519 at the same time, the Subscription Quota will occupy 3, and the remaining Subscription Quota will be 97. At this time, if you cancel the real-time order book subscription of HK.00700, your Subscription Quota will become 2, and the remaining Subscription Quota will become 98.
5. Historical Candlestick Quota
Suitable for Get Historical Candlesticks interface. In the last 30 days, requests for historical candlesticks of each stock will occupy one Historical Candlestick Quota. Repeated requests for historical candlestick of the same stock within the last 30 days will not be counted repeatedly. Meanwhile, subscribing to candlestick of different periods for the same stockonly occupies one quota and will not be accumulated repeatedly. Example:
Suppose your Historical Candlestick Quota is 100, and today is July 5, 2020. You have requested historical candlesticks for a total of 60 stocks between June 5, 2020 and July 5, 2020. The remaining Historical Candlestick Quota is 40.
- Subscription Quota and Historical Candlestick Quota are automatically assigned and do not need to be applied manually.
- For newly deposited accounts, the quota will automatically take effect within 2 hours.
- Asset in Transit
# Trading Functions
- When you trade in a specific market, you need to first confirm whether a trading account has been opened in that market.
For example: you can only trade US stocks under the US trading account, but not under the HK trading account.